In this exciting addition to his history series, Dave Raymond turns his attention to the period of Modernity and the maturity of Western civilization. Under Dave’s instruction, students will learn how to apply and refine a Christian worldview to major developments in philosophy, science, and government; personalities such as Newton, Bach, Napoleon, and Austen; and movements including the Enlightenment, Darwinism, Nationalism, and Victorianism.
Modernity is Year 2 in a series of one-year homeschool history curricula. Modernity consists of:
- 27 lessons (5 videos per lesson, 47 hours total)
- 4 projects
- 308-page Student Reader with primary & secondary sources sources (PDF, EPUB and MOBI)
- Teacher’s Guide with Scope & Sequence (PDF, EPUB and MOBI)
- Dedicated EPUB & Kindle versions of the Student Reader and Teacher’s Guide using Dyslexia-friendly fonts. View a side-by-side sample.
- Year-long Portfolio
- Weekly Exams
- Dates covered: 1600s to 2000
Credit: One High School History/Social Studies
Click on the FAQ tab for a complete breakdown of hours spent per area to qualify for high school credit.
Ages: 13+ (We recommend children be over age 13 to take this class due to mature content in dealing with war and some modern art. Please be aware of some brief artistic nudity in some of the historical artwork that is presented in the course.)
Dave Raymond lives in rural Middle Tennessee with his wife and 6 children where he has taught the humanities for the past 12 years. He runs Quiller Tutorials, where students learn the disciplines of history, literature, composition, and Latin.