New! Experience American History in a new way through our Facilitated Course. Get a facilitator who answers student questions, join Zoom discussions of lesson content, get assistance with projects & portfolios, and watch recordings to catch up. Learn more here.
Master storyteller Dave Raymond delivers a dynamic history of the United States in this popular introduction to his four-year history series. He applies a Christian worldview to the characters, events, theology, literature, art, and religious beliefs of the nation. His American history homeschool curriculum has transformed thousands of Middle School and High School students. Yours can be next.
American History is Year 1 in a series of one-year homeschool history curricula.
American History consists of:
- 130 videos (5 lectures per lesson, ~10-15 min each, 25 hours total )
- 4 projects
- Year-long Portfolio
- 284-page Student Reader based on original sources (PDF, EPUB and MOBI)
- Teacher’s Guide with Scope & Sequence (PDF, EPUB, and MOBI)
- Dedicated EPUB & Kindle versions of the Student Reader and Teacher’s Guide using Dyslexia-friendly fonts. View a side-by-side sample.
- Weekly Exams
- Dates covered: 1500s to 1910
Credit: One High School History/Social Studies
Click on the FAQ tab for a complete breakdown of hours spent per area to qualify for high school credit.
Ages: 13+ (We recommend children be over age 13 to take this class due to brief artistic nudity in some of the historical artwork that is presented in the course.)
Dave Raymond lives in rural Middle Tennessee with his wife and 6 children where he has taught the humanities for the past 20 years. He teaches the disciplines of history, literature, composition, and Latin through Quiller Tutorials.