This homeschool bible curriculum is taught by Thomas Purifoy (director and producer of Is Genesis History?). Purifoy has taught the Bible to high schoolers for years in an engaging, in-depth curriculum of his own design, including the structure of Redemptive history, the relationship between archeology and the text, issues regarding authorship and inspiration, Israel and other ancient cultures, covenant and promise, and how the Old Testament leads to the coming of Jesus Christ.
This course is part of the Compass Lectures Series where veteran teachers are filmed as they teach in an actual classroom. This product includes streaming access to the videos filmed live in Nashville. Assignments for local students are explained on the videos and in the course steps. However, parents are solely responsible for assigning and grading this work.
– the Zondervan NASB Study Bible, which can be purchased as Hardback, or Bonded Leather
License: This product is licensed for use by one family. Co-op participants must purchase one subscription per family.
Thomas Purifoy is a producer, writer, and director with Compass Cinema & Compass Classroom. He has been the director of a classical school in France where he taught 20th Century History, English Literature, Film History, Old Testament, and Philosophy. Thomas has also served as an officer in the U.S. Navy and is a graduate of Vanderbilt University. He is married and has three daughters.
1. Introduction to the Old Testament & Genesis
2. Overview of Old Testament and Genesis 1
3. Genesis 1 & 2: Creation & Covenant
4. Genesis 2 & 3: Covenant & Fall
5. Genesis 3 & 4: The Fall to Cain and Abel
6. Genesis 4:16 to 8: The Two Lines & the Flood
7. Genesis 9 to 11: The Covenant of Grace
8. Genesis 12 & 15: Abraham & Justification by Faith
9. Genesis 17 & 22: Abraham & Sanctification
10. Genesis 50: Jacob & Joseph
11. Exodus 1 to 12: Moses & the Passover
12. Exodus 13 to 20: Fleeing Egypt to Sinai
13. Exodus 21 to 24: Three Aspects of the Law