Dwane Thomas is a Latin magician: he’s spent over 15 years turning students into Latin speakers and readers. His secret? He’s one of those unique teachers who makes learning difficult subjects fun and enjoyable. Thousands of children have already been transformed through his magic: let yours be next.
Some unique benefits to Visual Latin:
Uses a combination of short videos and worksheets for different learning styles
Keeps children engaged through clear explanations and fun humor
Includes Latin translations of simplified Vulgate Bible in every lesson
Combines the best aspects of the natural and traditional methods of learning
Visual Latin includes:
3 videos per lesson covering Grammar, Sentences, and Reading (~11.5 Hours Total)
PDF Worksheets (Or Printed Books)
Quizlet Vocabulary Flashcards Online
Teacher’s Guide with Scope and Sequence
Note: Dwane Thomas uses ecclesiastical pronunciation in Visual Latin. For an explanation of the differences, watch this video.
License: This product is licensed for use by one family.
A. Why Study Latin? (11:09)
B. How Visual Latin Works (6:19)
1. Being Verbs Basics | To Be and Not to Be (20:09)
2. Being Verbs Basics | Predicate Nominatives and Adjectives (16:28)
3. Gender | Boy Words and Girl Words (18:12)
4. Singular and Plural | E Pluribus Unum (21:14)
5. Declensions | Meet the Cases (21:50)
6. Adjectives Learn to Agree with Nouns (22:38)
7. The Case Files | Nominative and Genitive (24:24)
8. Counting to 10 in Latin (24:53)
9. Active Verb Basics | Indicative Mood (25:02)
10. The Case Files | Accusative (23:41)
11. The Case Files | Vocative (21:43)
12. Changing Your Moods | Imperative & Indicative (25:10)
13. The Case Files | Ablative (22:14)
14. Meet the Pronouns & Question Words (25:29)
15. Pronouns | Relative (28:11)
16. Accusing Prepositions of Accusative Case (23:02)
17. Verbs | Active & Passive (23:59)
18. The Case Files | Dative (23:52)
19. Pronouns | 1st & 2nd Person Personal (23:25)
20. Pronouns | 3rd Person Personal (24:48)
21. Pronouns | Demonstratives: this, these (22:22)
22. Pronouns | Demonstratives: that, those (26:35)
23. Pronouns | Relative and Interrogative (22:48)
24. Pronouns | Possessive (23:51)
25. Nouns | 3rd Declension – Regular and i-stem (22:22)
26. Verbs | Infinitives – Active and Passive (18:34)
27. Verbs | Infinities – Ability, Negation & Indirect (23:35)
28. Nouns | 3rd Declension – Neuter (19:40)
29. Nouns | 4th Declension (20:14)
30. Adjectives | Positive & Comparative (18:32)
Frequently Asked Visual Latin Questions
There are always some basic Visual Latin questions we often hear. We’ve tried to pull all of them together in one place so you don’t have to go hunting about. (Or so we hope…)
What age is Visual Latin for?
10 and up. Kids need to be able to read, but other than that, elementary kids love it, middle school kids love it, high school kids love it, college kids… you get the point.
How is everything sequenced out? In other words, what’s a full year of Latin look like?
Visual Latin has two sections to it: Latin 1 and Latin 2. Each is intended to be taught in a single school year (although you can certainly speed up or slow down as you desire). Both sections have 30 classes in each, which correlates to about 1 class a week.
Is Visual Latin good for high school credit?
In terms of the material it covers, Visual Latin Latin 1 (Lessons 1-30) and Latin 2 (Lessons 31-60) are each good for one high school foreign language credit (2 credits total). By itself, however, it will not provide a full 150 hours of work. Some parents are less concerned about this, but others may want to provide extra supporting materials for upper level high school students. For those who do, we recommend supplementing Latin 1 with Lingua Latina per se Illustrata. (The older version of LL without color is the same text and perfectly acceptable.) We have created a free Visual Latin/Lingua Latina Teaching Guide that you can use to match them together over a two-year period. [Note that Lingua Latina is a unique Latin only, college-level book. Visual Latin has been modeled on this book, and in terms of content, teaches exactly the same things.]
Subscribe & Save!
Get access to all our lectures + 34 other video series for only $39/month!