Studying formal logic can be intimidating without the right help. In Introductory Logic, you’ll get the benefit of Brian Kohl’s years of teaching experience as he explains the fundamentals for correct thinking.
In the DVD and Student Book, students will learn:
- How to define terms for maximum precision and accuracy — and thus win the debate
- How to form and interpret statements, the building blocks of logical thought
- How to compose valid syllogisms and expose invalid ones using counterexamples
- How to analyze arguments in normal English
- How to identify and deflect informal fallacies (one of the most instantly applicable parts of logic)
(See list of lessons for a complete breakdown of classes)
The Teacher’s Guide provides everything you will need to make teaching logic as easy as possible:
- A daily lesson schedule for completing Introductory Logic in a semester or a year-long course
- Answers to all exercises, review questions, review exercises, quizzes, and tests in the order they are taught.
- Contains the entire Student Edition text – no more flipping back and forth between answer keys and textbook
- Detailed daily lesson plans
The Test & Quiz Packet contains a blank copy of every quiz or test that one student would need for the entire Introductory It even contains an alternative version of each test for practice — the best thing for unit review! Answers to all quizzes and tests are in the Teacher Edition.
Click here to download the errata sheet for Introductory Logic.
DVD EDITION: 5th (2019)
DVD Featured Instructor: Brian Kohl